Who are you?
We are a team of four women:
Grace Brown is the founder and photographer originally from Massachusetts.
Kaelyn Siversky is our executive director based out of New Jersey.
Christina Dunlop is the project assistant and is based out of Massachusetts.
Kerri Pang is our social media manager and is based out of Chicago.
What started Project Unbreakable?
In October of 2011, then 19 year old Grace Brown was a photography student living in New York City. One day, while out on a Saturday night, a friend told Grace her story of sexual assault. Though she had heard about a dozen stories prior, this story particularly affected her and forced her to realize how common this tragedy was. The next day, she woke up with the idea for Project Unbreakable.
How do I participate?
Feel free to email us your submission at email@example.com. Please make sure of the following:
the image is clear and easy to read
- the words are in quotations
- the person in your photo is of you only
- there are no names on your poster
We prefer to only post images. You are welcome to share your story here at Survivor Stories, however.
Who can participate?
We do not discriminate as to who can participate in Project Unbreakable. We welcome anyone who has experienced any form of sexual abuse, whether physical or emotional. Male, female, transgender persons, genderqueer persons, etc. However, we do not allow children to participate.
Why don’t you post more often?
This project is a sensitive topic, and we don’t want to overwhelm anyone with what is being posted. It’s more important to make sure that everyone following the blog also takes time for themselves.
Why haven’t you posted my photo yet?
Due to the sheer amount of daily submissions we receive, the backlog is about 3-5 months. We accept all submissions unless we have stated otherwise by email. If you’re worried about us not receiving your image, we are happy to double-check for you.
How do you know that all of these stories are real?
Frank Warren of PostSecret did a great job answering that question here. (We agree with it.)
Can you give me advice on something?
We are not qualified to give advice. If you are struggling, RAINN has a free, confidential, 24/7 sexual assault hotline: 1.800.656.HOPE(4673). RAINN also has an online hotline: https://ohl.rainn.org/online/
I don’t want advice, but how can I get in touch with you in general?
For general inquiries, concerns, and media requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
To book a speaking event: email@example.com
- thebulunmazipekkumas likes this
- zangyshaun reblogged this from projectunbreakable
- myeternalsuunshine likes this
- jewtritionist reblogged this from projectunbreakable
- luciclare likes this
- summerwimsett likes this
- the-doctors-donna likes this
- songsaboutjaneyy likes this
- almanostalgicaa likes this
- ejgayala2010 likes this
- friedclitoris likes this
- 0itsvicky0 likes this
- aglimpseintolbeni likes this
- acidogenica likes this
- nathol99 likes this
- elisaskitz likes this
- itsburaktunc likes this
- blkchicago79 likes this
- troubledwaters likes this
- lunaveneficus likes this
- ercoidem likes this
- leftyreea reblogged this from therationaladdiction
- therationaladdiction reblogged this from projectunbreakable
- orgiophant likes this
- merinnan reblogged this from projectunbreakable
- cinnamonmachine reblogged this from projectunbreakable
- parisetc likes this
- withoutmap likes this
- heat-riser likes this
- jonathan-hankins likes this
- reflection-remembrance-reverie reblogged this from projectunbreakable
- wanderingoakenstumblpost likes this
- kocibykoci likes this
- glowcrow likes this
- baristaguevara reblogged this from projectunbreakable
- baristaguevara likes this
- farbsphotos likes this
- stosphia reblogged this from projectunbreakable and added:
- bebrilliantgo reblogged this from projectunbreakable
- fr0zen-s0lid likes this
- abigailandtheworld likes this
- typicalasiantourist likes this
- shadesofmusic3430 likes this
- ljmaystrader reblogged this from projectunbreakable
- ph03n1x13 likes this
- freckledglowcloud likes this
- a-passionate-aggression reblogged this from projectunbreakable
- a-passionate-aggression likes this